Fender, also known as the ship's guard, is an elastic cushioning device used on the edge of a wharf or ship. It is made of wood or rubber. It is mainly used to reduce the impact force between the ship and the dock or the ship during the docking or mooring process, and to prevent or eliminate damage to the ship and the dock.
1) Cylindrical rubber fender:
The characteristic reaction is low, the surface pressure is small, and the suction energy is reasonable. When berthing, the adaptability of the ship's roll and pitch is not affected by the size of the ship. It is widely used for installation and maintenance, and is especially suitable for old-fashioned wharfs.
2) Semi-circular (D-type) rubber fender:
The characteristic reaction force is moderate, the energy absorption is higher than that of the cylinder type; the installation is more convenient; because the bottom width is small, it is especially suitable for framed dock and shipboard installation.
3) DO type rubber fender:
Features: The reaction force is higher than the D-type fender; the installation strength and service life are greatly improved compared to the D-type fender;
Arch type (V type) rubber fender: features moderate reaction force, high energy absorption; firm and convenient installation;
Suitable for all types of terminals.
4) DA type rubber fender:
The features are characterized by high energy absorption and low reaction force; the product has higher stress dispersion and long service life; the front side is provided with a defensive plate to reduce the surface pressure; the specifications are complete and the installation method is diverse; the replacement is convenient.
5) Drum type rubber fender:
Features low reaction force, large suction energy; surface pressure below 25 tons / m 2; low compression mechanical properties of tilting; ∏ type rubber fender: low reaction force, large energy absorption; easy to install; generally suitable for large and medium-sized wharf .
Transportation and storage
1) The transportation mode of the chord is for automobile transportation.
2) During the loading and unloading process, the fender should be kept clean and must not be bumped. It should not be hooked, stabbed or stroked with hard objects, and the fender should be placed firmly.
3) The placed goods should be strong and firm, ensuring that the goods are not displaced or loosened during the entire transportation process.
4) After the goods arrive at the designated site, unload the vehicle with suitable lifting equipment to avoid damage and collision.
1) When storing rubber fender products, avoid direct sunlight, avoid rain and snow, and avoid contact with acids, alkalis, oils and organic solvents; keep the temperature at -15 °C - 40 °C from 1 m away from the heat source. .
2) The fender storage area is approximately 400 square meters.
Examples of selection of marine inflatable rubber fenders for small and medium-sized and large ships
Inflatable rubber fenders range in size from 500 x 1000 mm to 4500 x 12000 mm, including all standard and non-standard sizes.
Examples of selection of fenders for small and medium-sized ships
Ship tonnage (T) size D*L (m)
50 0.5*1.0 fishing boat
100 0.7*1.5~1.0*1.5 fishing boat
200 1.0*1.5~1.2*2.0 Fishing boat, tugboat
300-500 1.2*2.0~1.5*2.5 Fishing boats, tugs
1000 1.5*2.5~1.5*3.0 tugboat, transport ship
3000 2.0*3.0~2.0*3.5 Ocean trawler, transport ship
10000 2.0*3.5~2.5*4.0 transport ship
Example of selection of fenders for large ships
Ship (DWT) Assumed port speed (M/S) Effective kinetic energy (KN.M) by ball size D*L (m)
200000 0.15 1890 3.3*6.5
150000 0.15 1417 3.3*6.5
100000 0.15 945 3.0*5.0
85000 0.17 1031 3.0*6.0
50000 0.18 680 2.5*5.5
40000 0.20 672 2.5*5.5
30000 0.22 609 2.5*4.0
20000 0.25 525 2.5*4.0
15000 0.26 425 2.5*4.0
10000 0.28 329 2.0*4.0
5000 0.33 228 2.0*3.5
- Wharf Top ten commonly used rubber fender
- What is the use of ramp rubber fender?
- Andun Rubber Company talks about the advantages of marine rubber fenders
- Anti-shock plate - marine tug rubber anti-collision pad structure
- Selection of marine rubber fender Materials
- How to avoid wear and tear on the rubber fender of the dock?
- Brief introduction of various types and characteristics of rubber fender
- Characteristics and application range of different rubber fender
- Andun Rubber Company tells you about the characteristics of the bollard
- 21st Century World Rubber Fender Development Trend
- Characteristics and scope of different rubber fenders
- Introduction of rubber fenders